system snapshots...........

Youniverse Personality TestYouniverse Personality Test

expressions...

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

WHOOOAAA!!!!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

But two are walking apart forever
And wave their hands for a mute farewell

This probably is my last post for quite sometime.........and I can hardly think what to write.......so mean is this thing called 'leaving all behind'.......okay I am not overly emotional as all the pro-Kolkatan intelligentsia that appear quite frequently in the newspapers when any new issue of renovating an old worn out building appears quite with a sudden brilliance in the minds of the keepers of this city or when a new chain of restaurant tries do business with the epicural fantasy of the citizens...........but what the hell....its been 22 years......which I presume is not a very short time......I leave this Sunday.....and it is a strange feeling........every other alley in my not so pretty neighbourhood speaks of some rather foolish desparado of mine at some point or the other.........the plot of land which supports a new apartment now speaks of the number of cricket matches that used to be the 'end-all and be-all' of the afternoons.....the closely spaced houses now black and bleak with ages that used to be our 'kite-flying' venues as soon as September arrive........the not so sober kids of the encroached strip of land as our rivals..............the school......the horrendous bus rides and the spine chilling competition associated with it....................the ever-so-ludicrous crushes and their fallouts......the way I used to be all beckoning with its wonderous lullably as if to imply specifically that I am leaving all these behind............and I don't have the right words to say..........well......I guess there are times when poetry can actually surpass the need of words.....so I can come up with these few lines which I had read long time back..........which somehow holds more meaning to me than the do's and dont's behind the flight ticket................

"Flow down, cold rivulet, to the sea,
Thy tribute wave deliver:
No more by thee my steps shall be,
For ever and for ever.

Flow, softly flow, by lawn and lea,
A rivulet then a river:
Nowhere by thee my steps shall be
For ever and for ever.

But here will sigh thine alder tree
And here thine aspen shiver;
And here by thee will hum the bee,
For ever and for ever.

A thousand suns will stream on thee,
A thousand moons will quiver;
But not by thee my steps shall be,
For ever and for ever."

....Tennyson

1 comment:

slothful guzzler said...

baby don't cry....baby don't cry..........